Why You Need A Disney Animal Kingdom Map
Disney's Animal Kingdom is considered to be one of the most unique and exciting Walt Disney World theme parks. And with six different lands, there is plenty to see. This is the second-largest theme park in the world, at 403 acres, so you will want to have a map and a plan. You won't want to miss the Expedition Everest ride, the Festival of the Lion King Show, or any of the other epic attractions.
The best way to optimize your time in the park and minimize your walking and wait times is to have the latest Disney Animal Kingdom Map. It offers plenty of landmarks to help you navigate and indicates all of the relaxation stations to find great spots to take five.
Other helpful information on the Animal Kingdom Map is tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your visit to this one-of-a-kind theme park. The My Disney Experience app, which we highly recommend, will be very useful pre-travel and during your trip. You can download the My Disney Experience app. The My Disney Experience app can be downloaded before travel and help you organize your plans, purchase park tickets and even reserve entertainment options.
And the kids will love getting prepped for the vacation by watching free videos, reading stories, and getting the latest updates. Download the app and let the Disney vacation begin! Check out other things to do at Disney
While you’re in Disney World, you can tap away to reserve dining options, order food, and beverages and join dining waitlists. It will assist with in-park navigation, wait times, showtimes, and more. But you'll want to have a Disney Kingdom Map to get the lay of the land entirely. With six different lands to explore, Animal Kingdom can be confusing. Your map will help you navigate the lands, attractions, rides, characters, and entertainment.
The Animal Kingdom Lands - At Animal Kingdom, you'll experience the magic of nature, see exotic animals, and enjoy epic entertainment. Let's start with an overview of the six lands you’ll find on an Animal Kingdom map. The six lands are Oasis, DinoLand USA, Asia, Africa, Pandora - The World of Avatar, and the signature land of Discovery Island. They are laid out in a loop.
- Oasis - When you first enter Disney's Animal Kingdom, you'll go through the main gate and enter Oasis. This peaceful area welcomes you to the park and foreshadows what is to come. It has winding paths, lush vegetation, and animal habitats to be explored. Don't rush through here as many people do! Enjoy the peace and quiet and take in the details.
- Discovery Island - You'll pass from Oasis to a bridge connecting you to Discovery Island, the central hub of the park. This is where you'll fund the famed Tree of Life, which is covered with intricate carvings of hundreds of animals. This is where the nightly Tree of Life Awakenings takes place. Catch the 3D show, "It's Tough to Be A Bug," in a special theatre in the tree's roots. Keep an eye out for shopping locations like Creature Comforts and a couple of quick-service dining venues. Pause for a bite at Flame Tree Barbecue or to take in the view of Expedition Everest across the water.
- Pandora - The World of Avatar. This is a newer area to the park where you can be transported to the home of Na'vi. You'll visit a mythical land and see otherworldly plant life and floating mountains that come alive at night with bioluminescent lighting. Take the Na'vi River Journey through the forest and face the Shaman of Songs. The other key attraction in this area is Avatar Flight of Passage which combines cutting-edge technology with the adventure of riding on the back of a banshee. Check out The Satu'li Canteen for a quick bite and dine in a former mess hall or shop for a souvenir in unique Windtraders.
- Africa - This is one of the original areas of the park and is set in the fictional east African port village of Harmabe. The most popular ride is the Kilimanjaro Safari, where guests encounter elephants, giraffes, lions, and other wildlife. The Harmabe Theatre is home to the festival of the Lion King with live entertainment and beloved characters. Stop by the Harambe Market for a bite to eat or visit the Tusker House full-service restaurant for a buffet where Mickey and friends hang out in full safari gear. You may also want to try the Dawa Bar for a unique cocktail in open-air seating.
- Asia - In Asia, there is a wide array of experiences, including two thrilling attractions. Kali River Rapids takes guests on a wet and wild adventure down the Chakranadi River - and you will get wet! Expedition Everest takes you on a thrilling journey into the Forbidden Mountain, where you'll try to escape the Yeti. Enjoy full-service pan-Asian cuisine for both lunch and dinner in Yak & Yeti Restaurant. There is also quick-serve ordering near the rear. Enjoy the great Rivers of Light nightly show that illustrates the interconnections of nature and its beauty. You can enter into the ample seating area through Asia.
- Dinoland U.S.A. - Finally, the sixth land is Dinoland U.S.A. This is home to Chester & Hester's Din-O-Rama and the Dino Institute, and it is the spot in Disney for all things dinosaurs! Everything is dinosaur-themed - Restaruantosaurus, TriceraTop Spin, and more. Dinosaur is a thrilling attraction in Dinoland that takes guests for a journey through time and an adventure to save one particular dinosaur. Hop on the Primeval Whirl and TriceraTop Spin for a fun experience. The most popular restaurant is Restaurantosaurus which serves American classics in a unique setting. Explore fossils in the Boneyard or enjoy a show in Theatre in the Wild.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - A visit to Animal Kingdom Lodge is a step right into Africa. This is a magnificent resort inspired by a traditional African kraal, with a horseshoe design that provides a window onto four lush savannas that are home to over 200 hoofed animals and birds. Enjoy sparkling pool areas, exciting animal programs, and an extensive collection of African art as you enjoy your very own African safari. If you're lucky enough to be a guest at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, you'll find a Wildlife Field Guide in your room to help identify the 30 species of African wildlife that roam nearby. Animal Kingdom Lodge has an 11,000 square-foot pool with a water slide and zero-depth entry like a natural watering hole. It is surrounded by large canopy trees and palms and is quite the African oasis.
From coasters to kid-friendly Animal Kingdom rides, there are many things for all ages to enjoy in the Animal Kingdom. Parking for a car or motorcycle is $25 per day—buses from Disney hotel and non-Disney hotels to operate to the Animal Kingdom front entrance.
Many people consider Disney's Animal Kingdom to be Disney's most exciting park. It is full of live animals, widening paths, and zoo-like displays of animals, along with thrilling rides that very well may get you soaked. Check it out, explore and see if you agree. But remember, with over 403 acres to cover, wear comfortable shoes, plan your itinerary and bring your Disney Animal Kingdom Map. Click here for your Best Magic Kingdom Rides .
The Best Golf Courses in Orlando
Whether you are looking to take a break from the parks and shoot a round, or you really came to play, Orlando is a golfer’s paradise.
Planning A Disney Wedding!
If you've found your prince and are ready to plan your fairy tale Disney wedding, we've got all you need to know to bring your dream to life.