Map of Disney Springs
Tourists who wish to be near all the action but don’t want to stay at the Walt Disney World Resort can opt to stay at one of the hotels found at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels. Guests can choose from 7 different hotels that offer a wide range of amenities and pricing. These resorts include transportation to Walt Disney World theme parks, and 2 Disney water parks. They can also purchase Disney tickets right on site and they have the convenience of walking to all that Disney Springs has to offer. Disney Springs is a themed retail, entertainment and dining district featuring 4 distinct neighborhoods and is packed with unique dining venues, shopping and entertainment.
This guide presents the most crucial information you’ll need to plan your visit to Disney Springs, this dining, shopping, and entertainment haven. Disney Springs opened in 1975, and has since undergone several modifications and alterations. It was renamed in 2015 to ‘Disney Springs’ following a 3-year intensive renovation.
What is Disney Springs?
Formerly known as Downtown Disney, Disney Springs (renamed in September 2015) is a leading shopping and entertainment area in Walt Disney World. The good news? It’s free to enter.
Disney Springs is divided into four (4) main districts or areas; Westside, The Landing, Town Center and Marketplace. Each offers their very own distinct style, dining, shopping, and entertainment offers.
Download the Disney Springs map for a better look at what they have to offer.
The four Disney Springs neighborhoods include:
The Westside is a part of the Downtown Disney area as well as part of Disney Springs. The newly renovated Westside features a sleek industrial feel, and is home to various unique restaurants and entertainment offerings including a movie theater and bowling alley.
The West Side features the following exciting attractions:
- Sunshine Highline. The plaza within The Landing offers nightly entertainment with musicians that play a variety of classical musical instruments under an elevated railway track providing quality live entertainment for the whole family.
- Aerophile/Characters in Flight. Experience a helium-powered balloon flight where you’ll soar 400 above ground and get a breathtaking view of Disney Springs, the parks, and the surrounding area. In this tethered helium balloon, you’ll be floating and feel on top of the world! aThe price of the ride is $20.00 for adults and $15.00 for kids.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes. Bowl a few stings and take a stroll down memory lane with this ultra ‘retro’ vibe, interiors, and design. Splitsville offers a great dining experience, with bowling, billiards and more. This plush two-story entertainment area has plenty of fun choices for everyone to enjoy.
- AMC Movies. The cinema at the AMC Theater offers the best in movies while you dine right in your seat with Fork & Screen. State-of-the-art entertainment and a great meal.
- Cirque Du Soleil. A show by the world-renowned ‘Cirque du Soleil’ team is expected to air in the year 2020 here at Westside, Disney Springs.
- NBA Experience (Due to open on August 12, 2019). NBA Experience opens on August 12, 2019. This spot offers interactive NBA games and competitions for an immersive NBA experience. It will feature exhibits such as the Hall of Champions, Hoop Sciences, VR theaters, and the Locker Room. Interactive games include Dream Dunk, You Make the Call, Big Shot, Pop A Shot, and the Dream Court. Ticket prices range from $29-$34.
Westside was first developed in the 1950s and was initially part ofDowntown Disney. Today it showcases many favorite restaurants, shopping, and entertainment offerings. The restaurant and entertainment offerings are themed and each caters to particular audiences. There are tons of choices for entertainment and dining here!
The Landing is the former location of Pleasure Island. It’s an exciting commercial district popular for its fun and unique venues such as the Adventurers’ Club and the Comedy Club. These locations, as well as Paddlefish, Terralina Crafted Italian and Enzo’s Hideaway all draw many visitors. There is so much happening here you’ll want to circle this one on your map of Disney Springs for sure!
The Landing is home to these and many other new restaurants with fantastic waterfront and picturesque views. The new buildings have been amazingly "imagineered" to make them appear that they’ve been there for several decades are a welcome treat to visitors to the Landing.
The Landing offers exciting entertainment such as:
- Riverboat Square. The main attraction is the large paddle boat which travels around Tom Sawyer Island. The performances here are live music consisting of Spanish guitar accompaniments and classical music with a modern touch. New passengers board the paddle boat every half hour.
- Boathouse Amphicars. Housed at the BOATHOUSE restaurant, this unique experience is something vintage car enthusiasts won’t want to miss. This is the only place in the world where you can ride a vintage Amphicar. The ride, at a cost of $120.00 lasts for about 20-30 minutes. Guests who dine between 11:00-3: 00 pm receive a $25 rebate on the ride by showing their receipt at the Ship’s Store before 3 pm.
- Raglan Road – Main Stage and Patio Stage. Here at Raglan Road – Main Stage and Patio Stage, live performances feature Irish music and dancers. At this authentic Irish pub, you’ll have great Irish fare and fun Irish performances - some that take place outside the Patio Stage. Check the schedule so you won’t miss out on this one of a kind entertainment.
- Waterview Park. Waterview Park is in the heart of The Landing and has a mini amphitheater that hosts live entertainment including DJs and guitarists.
- Paradiso 37 Live Entertainment. Want to experience authentic Latin music and performances? Then head to the Paradiso 37 live entertainment where they showcase upbeat Latin music, dining, and a wide array of tequila offerings!
- Exposition Park. See live performances here and grab a bite off the many nearby food trucks.
Town Center is a brand new section of Disney Springs. Town Center is inspired by Florida's new age waterfront towns, and showcases over thirty shops and multiple dining options. You’ll want to be sure to locate it on a map of Disney Springs.
Town Center offers the Springs Overlook entertainment. This is the place to find a quaint but charming vibe with lively and fun music. It’s also home to a fantastic selection of prime shopping stores from brands including Kate Spade New York, Coach, Lacoste, Levi's, The Store at Planet Hollywood Observatory, Sugarboo, Uniqlo, Under Armour, Free People, Anthropologie, American Threads, Johnstone & Murphy, L'Occitane en Provence, Kiehl's Since 1851, Coca-Cola Store, Columbia Sportswear, Oakley, Mac Cosmetics, Harley-Davidson, and much more.
The selection of shops located at the Town Center ranges from the eclectic, vibrant, to contemporary. The range is as impressive as any other mall in the country. This is the best lineup of shops found in Orlando. At the same time, the shops blend with the theme of the Town Center and Disney Springs. Any Disney Springs map shows the upscale nature of the Town Center.
Marketplace is a 100% family friendly area which also existed previously as an integral part of Downtown Disney. It’s home to many of the finest shops in Disney Springs.
Marketplace offers plenty of modern entertainment:
- Ralph Breaks VR at The Void. Have a 100% fully immersive virtual reality experience and interactive play here with the theme taken from ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ animated movie. You must be at least 48 inches in height to be admitted to this attraction. Reserve your space online to avoid the long queue of guests.
- Star Wars – Secrets of The Empire At The Void. Star Wars fans frequent this attraction at Marketplace for a fully immersive VR experience fashioned after Star Wars. You must be at least 48 inches in height to be admitted to this attraction. Please reserve your space online to avoid the long queue of guests.
- Marketplace Stage. Marketplace Stage is an open air stage situated along Lake Buena Vista for special events, live performances, and other activities. The events take place throughout the day and night. Check the schedule so you won’t miss out on the fun. This venue is open air, so avoid it during the hottest times of the day, especially at noon time.
- Marketplace Train Express . If you get tired out from shopping and watching shows, you can ride Marketplace train. It offers a small scale train ride that’s made for children. Each ride costs $3.00 per person. Kids below 48 inches in height must be accompanied by an adult or guardian who can come along free of charge. You should reserve your space online to avoid the long queue of guests.
- Marketplace Carousel. This Venetian inspired carousel is strategically placed in the heart of Disney Springs Marketplace area. The price for the ride is only $3.00 regardless of age. Height requirement to ride alone is at least 42 inches, but guests below 42" must have an adult guardian accompanying them who is also free of charge. You should reserve your space online to avoid the long queue of guests, as it can get hectic on weekends and evenings.
With the renovation and expansion of the World of Disney store, guests can see the new section here at the Marketplace known as the Village Causeway, featuring a bridge that connects the Lego Store and the Rainforest Café.
There is so much to see, do, and experience at the Disney Springs. It is best you download the map of Disney Springs and plan your visit ahead of time.