Guide to Universal CityWalk Restaurants
Universal CityWalk is a vibrant shopping, dining, and entertainment district located at the outside entrances to the theme parks. This open-air, self-contained complex offers a dizzying selection of dining and entertainment experiences, including a wide range of dining options, including full-service themed restaurants, venues featuring live entertainment, quick service goodies, and something sure to please every palette. Whether you are craving sushi, Italian food, good old American fare, or dining with live music and entertainment, Universal CityWalk restaurants are sure to please you and your gang. The dining and bar scene at CityWalk is vibrant and delicious.
- What is Universal CityWalk - Universal Orlando Resort
- Do I need a theme park ticket to visit Universal CityWalk?
CityWalk is part of Universal Orlando Resort, but it is just outside of the theme parks, so it does not require a theme park ticket or that you are staying at one of the Universal Resorts to enter. The Universal CityWalk restaurants are free and open to any visitors. This is a great way to get your Universal fix without paying theme park entrance prices.
- Where is CityWalk, and can I park there?
CityWalk is located right between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. As soon as you park for either and pass security, you will run right into CityWalk. And there is no need to drive here. You can access it from shuttles and water taxis from Universal and other resorts.
If you do drive, the parking is free after 6 pm, making this the ideal spot for dinner and after-hours entertainment. If you park at CityWalk before 6 pm, you will be charged. Current parking is $25.00. For more information on Universal Orlando Click here.
Guide to Universal CityWalk Restaurants
- Best Full-Service Universal CityWalk Restaurants
With close to 30 restaurants and bars, you can be sure the culinary and bar scene in CityWalk has something for you. Pick your favorite and settle in for dinner and live music, or create your own dine-around with appetizers, main course, and desserts at various Universal Citywalk restaurants.
- Cowfish Restaurant is a unique sushi and burger bar offering an eclectic fusion of burgers and sushi. What's a cowfish? Think burger (cow) and sushi (fish.) This eclectic blend of offerings has become a foodie favorite. The sushi is handcrafted and fresh, including traditional offerings and some fun contemporary items. The burger menu features house-made items inspired by Japanese or Korean cuisine. Try the K-Town burger, topped with kimchee, applewood bacon, gochujang sauce, pickled onions, and lettuce. The Crispy Calamari is well worth the visit. The whimsy is continued to the decor, which features murals of cows with fins strapped on, and chandeliers like fish scales. If you can't decide between “cow”: and “fish”, try a bento box with a bit of sushi and beef. The spiked milkshakes and sake are the perfect libations, and they also feature non-alcoholic specialty drinks. Don't miss this fan favorite of the Universal Citywalk restaurants.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is, of course, inspired by the iconic film Forrest Gump. Visiting here is nostalgic and fun, and the movie memorabilia inside makes it a great selfie spot. The menu includes shrimp in its many forms- grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo, Shrimp New Orleans, coconut shrimp, and lots more. Not a shrimp fan? Not to worry! The menu also includes fish, lobster, salads, steaks, and chicken. This is a fun tribute to a classic movie. You may want to test your movie trivia knowledge and grab some souvenirs and “merch.”
- Bigfire Universal CityWalk is another spot sure to evoke great memories of lakeside family time around the fire, cookouts, and roasting marshmallows on an open flame. Bigfire is known for big artisan flavors and their open grill concept, where you can watch the chefs prepare your meal over an open flame. Some favorites are the Colorado Lamb Chops and Bigfire Steaks. Yum! Be sure to save room for tableside s'mores.
- Vivo Italian Kitchen offers an extensive selection of pasta along with all of your Italian favorites. Sip a glass of your favorite wine as you watch your meal prepared in the Expo Kitchen, where the chefs will toss pizza, bake bread, and make sauces. Try the Shrimp Fra Diavolo and tagliata, made with squid ink spaghetti, marinara, and Calabrian chili peppers for a memorable meal. An exciting appetizer is the cauliflower fritti, which pairs well with the tagliata. There are lots of family recipes to experience here.
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food will transport you south of the border with their made-from-scratch favorites like tacos, empanadas, fajitas, and specials like the Mar y Tierra stew. The atmosphere is fiesta-like, and you may even catch a live Mariachi band. This is a great family option, and the food is fresh and tasty.
- Come for the Food- Stay for the Fun- Dining with Live Entertainment
If you like your meal accompanied by some first-class entertainment, you're in luck at Universal CityWalk restaurants. Choose from easy island-style music, reggae, or good old American rock. You never know who you may discover at these vibrant spots.
- Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville CityWalk Orlando offers up great classic food and lots of live music fun. Relax into island time as a live band plays Jimmy Buffett cover songs and rock hits. Try the Cheeseburger in Paradise, grilled tacos, Jimmy's Jammin' Jambalaya, and be sure to save room for the tropical key lime pie or chocolate hurricane pie. Margaritaville serves over 10 different types of margaritas, and where else can you watch a giant, margarita-filled volcano erupt in front of the Volcano Bar?
- Hard Rock Cafe Universal CityWalk restaurant is the largest of 185 Hard Rocks worldwide. Browse the fantastic memorabilia collection, including the actual suit Elvis wore in Viva Las Vegas and Buddy Holly's famous black glasses. Enjoy a rockin' meal as you choose from epic burgers, sandwiches, salads, and decadent desserts. Don't leave without shopping for some Hard Rock “merch” and collectible pins.
- Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom is another favorite of music fans. Explore a replica of Bob Marley's home in Kingston, Jamaica, and peruse the photos, videos, and artifacts from his career that have been provided in collaboration with his family. Then explore Jamaican flavors with oxtail stew, Sun is Shining grilled chicken, Fish & Yucca, Jamaican Jerk Chicken, and traditional Jamaican beef patties.
- Pat O'Brien's - A Cajun Restaurant with Dueling Pianos is a bayou-styled bar sure to transport you straight to New Orleans. It is a replica of the original on Bourbon Street and offers up the same Cajun flavors with special dishes that include Louisiana Blackened Redfish, Crawfish Etoufee, N'awlins Po'Boys, and more. Save space for a beignet, and leave plenty of time to party New Orleans style into the night with Hurricanes, Mardi Gras beads, and live music.
- Libations and Vibrations - Best Bars
If you’re looking for the perfect spot to enjoy a libation or two and have a bite to eat, look no further. Here are a couple of our favorite Universal Citywalk restaurants.
- The Lone Palm Airport Bar at Margaritaville CityWalk is a "must-see." It is an annex of Margaritaville in a freestanding building across the street and has an entire airplane sitting beside the water as a focal point. The 60-foot 1955 Gruman was once the personal seaplane of Jimmy Buffett. You'll feel like you are having a tropical drink in an airport lounge just after landing.
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew offers the best experience in CityWalk for sports fans. Imagine almost 100 high-def TV screens streaming all of your favorite sports action. The menu offers everything from burgers and ribs to fully loaded nachos, Asian grilled shrimp salad, and lots more. And the beer lovers can choose from over 100 bottles and draft beers, including local brews, imports, and hard ciders. Game on!
- Best Fast Food and Quick Service Universal Citywalk Restaurants
When it comes to fast food, nobody does it better than CityWalk. Leave it to them to amp up your favorite burger and dogs and provide an eclectic and fun, but affordable dining experience.
- The Whopper Bar is possibly the most unique fast food Universal Citywalk restaurants and is unlike any Burger King you have ever seen. This is the first build-your-burger Whopper Bar in the world. Design your own burger by selecting over 20 toppings, including unique sauces that your local BK doesn't offer. Guacamole, grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, Bourbon flavored sauce, and lots more. A fun way to dine without breaking the bank.
- CityWalk Hot Dog Hall of Fame is another fan favorite. This baseball-themed hot dog eatery serves a menu of hot dogs from iconic stadiums around the country, and you'll enjoy real stadium seating with bleachers, ballpark graphics, and digital displays. Take me out to the ball game!
- Dessert and Goodie Universal Citywalk Restaurants
Whether you've walked off your main meal and are ready for something special to top it off, have just popped in for a special dessert, or want to take something back to the room for later, CityWalk has some fun dessert and goodie options you'll not want to miss.
- Voodoo Doughnuts takes our favorite indulgence to an entirely new level. They offer over 50 different varieties of beautiful and colorful doughnuts with interesting and unique flavors. Think about a warm Bacon Maple or Butterfinger. The signature doughnut is the NoName Doughnut topped with Rice Crispy Treats, peanut butter, and chocolate frosting. Imagine the Triple Chocolate, covered in Cocoa Puffs, or the Mexican Hot Chocolate dusted in cinnamon sugar and cayenne pepper. Good news for vegans.! They have over 13 vegan varieties.
- Dessert Foundry at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast serves delicious treats ranging from ice cream sundaes and pies to puddings and creme brulee. But it's the gourmet milkshakes that bring people back again and again. They are gorgeous and come in flavors like Red Velvet, Heavenly Hazelnut, and Espresso Buzz. They are served in a mason jar that also makes a great souvenir. Oh, and did we mention, each one comes with a cupcake, brownie, or slice of cake on top of it? Don't forget to take a selfie with this one.
Best time to visit Universal Citywalk Restaurants
CityWalk's convenient location is just between the gates of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure makes it a perfect stop to add on to your day in the park. Stop by for coffee and pastries before starting your day in the theme parks, slip out of the parks and grab a delicious lunch, or tag it on to the end of your day in the park for some entertainment, shopping, and of course, a great meal. You are sure to have a fun time exploring the many Universal CityWalk restaurants and bars.
Need a guide to Universal Citywalk click here
Don’t be fooled by the many family experiences Orlando is known for. When it comes to romance, there is plenty to go around.
Vacationing at Walt Disney World in Orlando can be overwhelming and a little bit intimidating, even for the return visitor. There are so many attractions and thousands of things to see and do.