The 2020 Pro Bowl Comes To Orlando
The Super Bowl is one of the biggest games in the country. It is the NFL Championship game pitting the top two teams in the league. A week before that, on January 26, 2020, a whole week of football-related family and fun activities is in store for fans with the Pro Bowl Week.
For the fourth consecutive year, the NFL Pro Bowl 2020 is in Orlando. This event is the much-awaited football All-Star Game for the best NFL players. The two teams draw from famous AFC and NFC players representing their respective conferences.
Pro Bowl Week is a week of football fun for the whole family. The game itself will be on January 26, 2020, with fan-centered activities starting from January 22. Orlando has hosted the NFL Pro Bowl since 2017 and the 2020 edition is going to be as exciting for the fans and spectators. The upcoming 2020 Pro Bowl will be at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.
The Pro Bowl is not just an opening act to the Super Bowl. It also pays homage to the fans who have supported the teams and players throughout the season. The Pro Bowl 2020 also happens to be part of the NFL's 100th Anniversary extended celebration.
The first NFL all-star game was in 1938. Through the years, it has become a celebration of the league's talent and serves to showcase the best talents from around the league. The initial renditions of the football all-star game were cut short by World War II when there was a travel restriction in force. The all-star game continued in 1950, when it was renamed the Pro Bowl.
From 1951 to 1972, the NFL ProBowl was held in Los Angeles. For the next seven years, various cities hosted the Pro Bowl. Hawaii was the Pro Bowl host for 30 years from 1980 to 2009.
Up to 2009, the Pro Bowl game was a week after the Super Bowl. Other sports have their all-star game during the mid-season. In 2010, Miami hosted both the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl.
Fan and family activities leading up to the NFL ProBowl include:
Pro Bowl Experience
From January 22 to 25, 2020, ESPN will sponsor this family-oriented festival with various football-themed activities, and a fan zone. Attendance is free with a download of the NFL OnePass.
The NFL AFC and NFC team practices will be at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex from Jan. 22-25, 2020. It affords the fans a first-hand look at the competing teams' practice sessions.
This exhibition will be at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on January 22, 2020. Famous NFL ProBowl players, legends and Hall of Famers will showcase their talents in exciting games. These are non-traditional games where players show their skills in Epic Dodgeball, "Kick" Tac Toe, and others. ESPN will broadcast the NFL Pro Bowl Skills Challenge on January 23.
Featuring around 70 regional championship teams from across the nation, as well as from several other countries, the NFL Flag Championships is a three-day competition from Jan. 24-26, 2020. It features teams in three age groups and includes coed and girls' matches.
NFL Pro Bowl 2020 Teams
The fans, coaches, and NFL players select the team composition. Each segment has one-third of the votes, with the fans voting online via the NFL official website. Alternates or replacements are also part of the selection process. They would be replacing any player who cannot play due to injuries, or if they were playing in that year's Super Bowl. All-Pro Bowl players play voluntarily. They have the option to decline their selection.
Because of the risk of injury, players whose teams are in the Super Bowl are not allowed to play during Pro Bowl. The fans have a big say on the player selection, with one-third of the votes going to fan favorites. The game is fun to watch and allows the players to have a great time meeting with fans, and to enjoy the game with some rules added for their safety.
Pro Bowl aims to afford the fans the chance to see the best players of the league altogether on the field at the same time, regardless of teams. At the same time, there are non-game activities where the fans can go up close to their favorite football players.
Orlando hosted 2017 up to 2019 Pro Bowl. The NFL contract with Camping World Stadium ended in 2019. However, after exploring other venues, the league decided to hold the Pro Bowl in Orlando for another year.
Besides the theme parks, Orlando is also famous as a sports city. It has more than 100 golf courses within Orlando and its environs. The golf courses are by some of the most recognized names in golf course development, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, and Greg Norman. With its mild semi-tropical climate, the sun shines high on the golf courses, affording avid duffers course time almost year-round. It is also the home of the Orlando Magic and the Orlando Solar Bears ice hockey team. The American Tennis Association National Campus is also located here, which offers tennis instruction for all ages.
Orlando is rightly famous as a vacation destination. Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and other theme parks are located here. The city attracts more than 68.5 million visitors from all over the country. An additional 6.5 million foreign tourists make their way to the city.
The AFC Roster
The Pro Bowl 2020 AFC team is composed of the following players:
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, AFC Offense
- Quarterback: Lamar Jackson, Baltimore; reserves: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City, and Deshaun Watson, Houston
- Running Back: Nick Chubb, Cleveland; reserves: Derrick Henry, Tennessee, and Mark Ingram Jr., Baltimore
- Fullback: Patrick Ricard, Baltimore
- Wide receiver: DeAndre Hopkins, Houston, and Keenan Allen, LA Chargers; reserves: Jarvis Landry, Cleveland, and Tyreek Hill, Kansas City
- Tight End: Travis Kelce, Kansas City; reserve: Mark Andrews, Baltimore
- Offensive tackle: Ronnie Stanley, Baltimore, and Laremy Tunsil, Houston; reserve: Trent Brown, Oakland
- Offensive guard: Marshal Yanda, Baltimore, and Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis; reserve: David DeCastro, Pittsburgh
- Center: Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh; reserve: Rodney Hudson, Oakland
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, AFC Defense
- Defensive end: Joey Bosa, LA Chargers and Frank Clark, Kansas City; reserve: Calais Campbell, Jacksonville
- Defensive tackle: Cameron Heyward, Pittsburgh, and Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs; reserve: Geno Atkins, Cincinnati
- Outside Linebacker: Von Miller, Denver, and T. J. Watt, Pittsburgh; reserve: Matthew Judon, Baltimore
- Inside Linebacker: Darius Leonard, Indianapolis; reserve: Don't 'a Hightower, New England
- Cornerback: Stephon Gilmore, New England, and Tre' Davious White, Buffalo; reserves: Marcus Peters, Baltimore, and Marlon Humphrey, Baltimore
- Free Safety: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh; reserve: Earl Thomas, Baltimore
- Strong Safety: Jamal Adams, NY Jets
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, AFC Special Teams
- Punter: Brett Kern, Tennessee
- Placekicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore
- Return Specialist: Mecole Hardman, Kansas City
- Special Teams: Matthew Slater, New England
- Long Snapper: Morgan Cox, Baltimore
Representing the 2020 Pro Bowl NFC team are:
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, NFC Offense
- Quarterback: Russell Wilson, Seattle: reserve: Drew Brees, New Orleans, and Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
- Running Back: Dalvin Cook, Minnesota; reserves: Christian McCaffrey, Carolina, Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas
- Fullback: Kyle Juszczyk, San Francisco
- Wide receiver: Julio Jones, Atlanta, and Michael Thomas, New Orleans; reserves: Mike Evans, Tampa Bay, and Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay
- Tight End: George Kittle, San Francisco; reserve: Zach Ertz, Philadelphia
- Offensive Tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay, and Tyron Smith, Dallas; reserve: Terron Armstead, New Orleans
- Offensive Guard: Zack Martin, Dallas, and Brandon Brooks, Philadelphia; reserve: Brandon Scherff, Washington
- Center: Jason Kelce, Philadelphia; reserve: Travis Frederick, Dallas
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, NFC Defense
- Defensive end: Cameron Jordan, New Orleans, and Nick Bosa, San Francisco; reserve: Danielle Hunter, Minnesota
- Defensive tackle: Aaron Donald, LA Rams, and Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia; reserve: Grady Jarrett, Atlanta
- Outside linebacker: Chandler Jones, Arizona, and Khalil Mack, Chicago; reserve: Shaquil Barrett, Tampa Bay
- Inside linebacker: Bobby Wagner, Seattle; reserve: Luke Kuechly, Carolina
- Cornerback: Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans, and Richard Sherman, San Francisco; reserves: Darius Slay, Detroit; Jalen Ramsey, LA Rams
- Free Safety: Budda Baker, Arizona; reserve: Eddie Jackson, Chicago
- Strong Safety: Harrison Smith, Minnesota
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, NFC Special Teams
- Punter: Tress Way, Washington
- Placekicker: Wil Lutz, New Orleans
- Return specialist: Deonte Harris, New Orleans
- Special teams: Cordarrelle Patterson, Chicago
- Long Snapper: Rick Lovato, Philadelphia
NFL Pro Bowl 2020, Tickets
At the official site of the NFL Ticket Exchange, Pro Bowl 2020 tickets cost $45 up to $200. The demand may raise the price of admission. You can avail of promo discounts with codes from sponsors and partners.
Pro Bowl 2020 is shaping up to be a fitting curtain-raiser to the Super Bowl. The NFL teams are well-represented and the fans are in for a treat. With various fan-centered activities, fans will be able to interact with their favorite football players. Fans can watch the teams practice and see their favorites first hand and up close. The Pro Bowl activities are a service to the NFL fans of all ages, with activities extending beyond the country's borders.
Buy your tickets early and head on to Orlando for an all-star football game. Orlando offers plenty of other activities besides sports and theme parks. You can also enjoy plenty of nature activities as well as sightseeing in a relaxing environment.
Homes For Rent In Orlando - Why You Should Rent A Luxury Villa
Villas are single-family homes somewhat similar to a house in the sense that it resembles that of a regular family home, with the difference that villas often give a more luxurious vibe, with gardens, courtyards, and upscale services and amenities similar to what hotels and resorts typically offer.
Best Spots For Orlando Nightlife
Orlando is known as one of the best cities to visit for imaginative theme parks, thrilling rides, and adrenaline-rushing roller coasters, but these are not the only thing you can enjoy here.