Top Things to Do in Orlando Fl Besides the Theme Parks
Running out of things to do in Orlando Fl? Everyone knows that when you say Orlando, the first thing that will pop in your mind is Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. This isn’t new as most of the crowds that visit the city often head directly to the theme parks. But Orlando has much more to offer as long as you know what things to do in Orlando, Fl you want to add to your itinerary.
Exploring the Great Florida Outdoors
Orlando boasts of stunning landscape and outdoor adventures and it’s a shame that not everyone that visits is seeing much of it. But don’t you worry, we got you covered! If you’re looking for outdoor activities that will take you away from the crowded theme parks, here are a few that are worth checking out:
- Orlando Balloon Rides. Perspective is everything when visiting a new place, which is why taking a balloon rides is well worth adding to the top of your itinerary. Get a bird’s eye view of the sprawling landscape of Orlando with 12 other guests as you fly in the air in one of the biggest balloon rides in the town. Snacks and drinks are available too, with the ride lasting for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Airboat Tours. Take a peek at Florida’s Everglades, mangroves, and grasslands on an airboat to get up close to the flora and fauna in and around the swamps. You can opt for a live alligator show while you are at it to learn firsthand more about these alligators that call the Everglades their home.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens. If you’re looking for a more laid back outdoor activity, take a stroll around the 50 acres of land in Harry P Leu Gardens which is just a few minutes from downtown Orlando. Each garden here invites its guests to learn more about botanicals and to appreciate them better. There are other activities held here such as movie night, story time, and others.
Must Try Dinner Theater and Shows
With all the exploring that you’ve done, you’re sure to be feeling a little hungry. But who wants the fun to stop? So, if you are looking for things to do in Orlando Fl that will make you enjoy your stay here even further, a dinner theater or show is a must. The best part? Even the kids are going to be entertained here.
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows. The combination of a meal and an entertaining show is going to be one of the highlights of your stay here in Orlando. In Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show, you will be searching for clues as you go through your dinner.
- Medieval Times. Who would have thought that you can actually turn back time where you can relive the times of kings, castles, and jousting knights? As you cheer for your favorite knight, you will be digging into a delicious and savory banquet that will fill you up for sure. But there will be no utensils so get ready to get your hands dirty, but in a good way. For sure, your kids will be talking about this experience for a very long time.
- Pirate’s Dinner Adventure. If you are looking for a dinner theater that will get you to participate in the show, the Pirate’s Dinner Adventure is worth trying out. Meet swashbuckling pirates who do incredible stunts and get the chance to join their party in search of treasures and more. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the show accompanied by scrumptious meals fit for pirates!
Beat the Heat and Chill Out at the Water Parks
The heat in Orlando can take a toll sometimes, so why not cool down in one of the water parks in the city? If you are looking for things to do in Orlando, Fl, you might want to consider heading out to these water parks.
- Orlando Watersports Complex. Just a few miles away from Orlando International Airport, this water park has a lot to offer from wakeskating to waterskiing, wakesurfing, wakeboarding and others. Here you can enjoy the first Aquapark where several interlocking inflatables add to the fun and excitement.
- Discovery Cove. Discovery Cove is not just any water park, but it lets you learn more about marine life as well. You can even get to swim with the dolphins and experience walking on the ocean floor too.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort. This is the largest LEGOLAND Park in the world with 150 acres of land designed to bring tons of amusement, excitement, and endless fun to its guests regardless of their age. Their Waterpark offers water slides, a wave pool, as well as river rafting, just to name a few.
Get Competitive with the Gang
Theme parks aren’t the only places where you’ll get plenty of excitement as there are many indoor activities that you can add to your itinerary. Here are a few that will be perfect for everyone.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes. While you are in Downtown Disney, check out Splitsville Luxury Lanes where, aside from having an upscale food menu to choose from you can bowl with the whole family too. The bowling lanes here are challenging so don’t think that you won’t learn anything new here!
- I-Drive NASCAR. For the competitive bunch in your group, indoor kart racing is sure to add that extra bit to your trip in Orlando. This is one of the top things to do in Orlando, FL that are done indoors just in case the weather turns a bit wet or even too hot. I-Drive NASCAR offers high-end karts on challenging race tracks where you can unleash your inner speed demon.
Get Out of the Heat and Have Indoor Fun
What other things to do in Orlando Fl should you explore? Well, if you are not a fan of the heat, bring your adventurous spirit indoors. Here are a few tourist attractions that are worth adding to your itinerary.
- Kennedy Space Center. If you are looking for things to do in Orlando Fl that will take you away from the unforgiving sun, the Kennedy Space Center is a good option to add to your choices. Here you’ll get a chance to immerse yourself in NASA’s operation center. Get to meet real life astronauts, explore the Rocket Garden, and see the exhibits and galleries to know more about the history of NASA.
- Orlando Science Center. Another indoor learning and fun place to head out to is Orlando Science Center where you can learn about the different branches of science from biology, mechanics, to applied technology. You can also check out Kids Town, which is one of the most popular exhibits.
- The Mall at Millenia. If the weather turns out to be rainy, don’t worry. You can spend your time indoors and get some shopping done too. For high end brands, the Mall at Millenia is at the top of the list. Names like Prada, Gucci, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade are just a few shops that you’ll find here.
- Monkey Joe’s. Just because you are going to bring your vacation indoors, it doesn’t mean that your kids won’t have fun. As a matter of fact, if you head out to Monkey Joe’s, your kids will forgive you for not taking them to the park. There are several bounce houses here with obstacles and slides that can easily keep up with their energy levels. There is also a café and arcade on site for teens and adults. You can find Monkey Joe’s at Pointe Orlando on International Drive.
- iFly Orlando. Skydiving indoors? Where do you sign up? For thrill seekers, iFly Orlando gives you the opportunity to test out skydiving in a controlled environment indoors. Their simulator lets you experience what it is like to fly or coast in the sky. There are certified instructors on hand who will teach you how to control your body as you do different moves while in the air.
- Crayola Experience. Crayola is a favorite brand for colors and if you are looking for things to do in Orlando Fl that will give you some reprieve from the heat, then Crayola Experience is worth adding to your itinerary. Get lost among the 25 stations with indoor playground to keep your kids entertained. Splash colors on the walls, spin wax into your own artwork, and even get the chance to name your own crayon. You won’t realize you’ve been here for hours!
- SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium. SEA LIFE Aquarium is found at ICON Park and is perfect for everyone. Aside from the indoor playground, there are several games and interactive exhibits that will give you in-depth information about marine life in Florida. Not only that, you can also check out the ocean tunnel which will give you a 360-degree view of the ocean and the sea creatures swimming about.
There is much to see and do in Orlando aside from riding roller coasters and splashing down towering slides. You will definitely be overwhelmed with the options in and near Orlando.
Best Disney Secrets and Tips!
Vacationing at Walt Disney World in Orlando can be overwhelming and a little bit intimidating, even for the return visitor. There are so many attractions and thousands of things to see and do.
Best Romantic Things to do in Orlando
Don’t be fooled by the many family experiences Orlando is known for. When it comes to romance, there is plenty to go around.