Adult Things To Do In Orlando
Who says Orlando is just for kids?! Orlando is a fantastic destination for adults- full of attractions, nightlife, entertainment, shopping, and shows. Whether you are traveling with a group of friends, for a guys' or girls' weekend, or with that special someone, Orlando is sure to serve up the perfect getaway.
No place in the world puts you within driving distance to the best theme parks in the universe, gorgeous beaches, fantastic natural resources like the Florida Everglades, hundreds of one-of-a-kind attractions, The Kenndy Space Center, and more. So start planning. Your only challenge will be finding time to do it all, so be sure to do your homework online and have a good idea of your shortlist of "must do's" and a longer list of "can't miss!" Check out our guide to adult things to do in Orlando.
Who travels to Orlando without kids?
Orlando is known as the mecca of family vacations, but it attracts many people traveling without the kids. There are plenty of adult things to do in Orlando. Orlando is a great honeymoon spot and can provide some epic one-of-a-kind experiences. The plethora of golf courses make Orlando an excellent destination for a golf weekend, and a vibrant nightlife and world-class shopping makes this diverse destination the perfect girls' getaway. Seniors love to reconnect in Orlando and reminisce watching the kids. Europeans love to get away from the cold and enjoy the warm weather and epic attractions. Read on for lots of ideas for a getaway full of adult fun in Orlando.
When is a good time for adults to visit Orlando?
It's always a good time to visit Orlando, but certain times may be better when you are traveling without kids. Your itinerary will depend to some degree on what time of year you travel to Orlando. Orlando is one of the world's busiest destinations, so if crowds aren't your thing, you may want to plan accordingly if you have that luxury. As a general guideline, try to avoid school vacations, and once you are there, plan your visits to the more popular attractions like EPCOT Center, Universal, or Disney during midweek. September, October, or January can be a great time to visit without kids. In the summer, Florida weather can be very hot and humid, so avoiding July and August will likely be more temperate and comfortable.
What are the top attractions for adult fun in Orlando?
You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the theme parks. Here are some of our favorite adult activities in Orlando to do for adults and the young at heart in the theme parks.
Check for current operating hours and any special considerations before you go.
- Universal Orlando Resort - Check out Universal Studios Florida for thrilling adventures and rides like MEN IN BLACK, Alien Attack, and TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D. Universal's Volcano Bay water theme park is a great way to beat the heat and have some thrills. At night you can head on over to Universal CityWalk for exciting clubs, great themed restaurants, shopping, and non-stop entertainment. And you can't beat free parking and admission.
- Epcot: Take a virtual trip around the world in Disney's most adult-focused theme park. The World Showcase offers up food and beverages from around the world. Be sure you make your dining reservations in advance to visit the "countries" of your choice.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Visit the movie worlds we have all grown up with. Enjoy Star Wars and other live performances and replica displays. Don't miss the fireworks and themed shopping.
- Disney's Water Parks: For a day of refreshing, wet, and wild fun, check out Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park. Check for current operating hours.
- SeaWorld Orlando - Get your adrenaline pumping with some exciting roller coasters and thrill rides like the Infinity Falls. Then connect with nature with animal encounters with Dolphins and other amazing marine life.
If date night is on your mind, there are spots inside the parks designed with you in mind. For adult fun in Orlando, Take a break at Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom, Baseline Tap House in Hollywood Studios, or Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Epcot.
Wander through Disney Springs and Disney's Boardwalk to get your Disney fix for free. No ticket required. Take in the sights and do a little shopping. Stop by one of the great dining venues for a bite, and you may catch some free outdoor entertainment or catch the fireworks.
What are some adult things to do in Orlando outside of the theme parks?
Some of our favorite adult activities in Orlando are outside of the theme park.
- Henry P. Leu Gardens offers a chance to wander around on a self-guided tour through the many gardens, including The Butterfly Garden, The Horseshoe Fontain, The Idea Garden, and Lake Rowens Overlook. Enjoy the park, and smell the roses for free!
- How about a couple's indoor sporting challenge? Head on over to International Drive to Andretti Indoor Karting & Games for indoor carting, retro-chic blowing, over a hundred arcade games, laser tag, and more. Dinner is on the losers!
- The Wheel at ICON Park
- For a different memorable experience, take a ride in the sky at The Wheel at ICON Park. You'll soar 400 feet in the sky on the tallest observation wheel on the east coast. You'll tower over the sights of Orlando in your private capsule for a memory making experience. On the ground, hang around to check out the SEA LIFE Orlando Museum, Madame Tussauds Orlando, and many other ICON Park attractions and restaurants. The Park is easily accessible with lots of parking and lots to do.
- Pedal on the Limo Cycle - Up for some shenanigans? Hop on the pedal-powered Limo Cycle for a night of fun and games. The night brings a Scavenger Hunt, trivia tour, and the Shenanigans Wild & Wacky Game Event. If you don't have your own gang, check out the public Sunday Funday Brunch tour.
- Couple's Cooking Class - Turn up the heat and add some spice with a local cooking class. The Publix Aprons Cooking Schools in Winter Park and Dr.Phillipa or Truffles and Trifles in College Park all offer cooking classes designed just for couples. Sound like a chance to pick up some new skills and thrills at the same time.
What are the best day trips from Orlando?
Ready to explore Florida beyond Orlando? You're in luck - beaches, space center, mother nature. It's all within reach.
- Kennedy Space Center: This treasure is located about an hour's drive from Orlando in Cape Canaveral and is one of the state's most well-known attractions. There is plenty to entertain and educate adults. You'll revisit historical moments and explore artifacts from past space missions. The Space Shuttle exhibition lets you get a look at what life in orbit is like.
- Daytona Speedway: The adrenaline junkies will want to hop in the car and drive east from Orlando to Daytona Speedway. Take an open tram tour of the"World Center of Racing." This is our chance to experience the 31- degree high banks and climb the podium in the Gatorade Victory Lane. Tour the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America. This is a "must-see" for race fans.
- Everglades Airboat Tours: What's a trip to Florida without an alligator sighting. Not to worry - you won't find them in the swimming pool. But satisfy your need for speed air boating over alligator filled waters with an airboat tour at Boggy Creek. This thrilling exploration of the Kissimmee wetlands is an unforgettable look at Florida's wildlife and flora.
- Which way to the beach? Your pick. With 120 days of sunshine, a trip to the Florida beaches is a must. Drive east 90 minutes to the Gorgeous Atlantic coast beaches of Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, or Cocoa Beach for sun and surf and great Florida seafood. Drive west to take in Florida's gorgeous west coast beaches, including Fort DeSoto Park, Clearwater Beach, Anna Maria Island, or Treasure Island.
- Ocala National Forest- This 600 square mile park has 600 bodies of water, more than a dozen lakes, and is just 90 minutes from Orlando.
Where to eat - our favorite Orlando restaurants.
When it comes to dining, Orlando offers great diversity in cuisine and style and is sure to offer up something to suit every palate. You'll find Japanese steakhouses, Italian restaurants, every fast-food or chain, and many upscale choices.
A few favorites:
- STK Orlando - American Steakhouse and grill with a chic lounge and offering gluten-free options. This is an ultra-modern steakhouse in Disney Springs.
- La Luce - Serves modern Italian cuisine inspired by MNapa Valley chef Donna Scala featuring family recipes. Overlooks the lazy river pool at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Authentic Turkish cuisine made from scratch every day. Vegetarian- friendly,
- Victoria & Alberts - A long time favorite located at Disney's Grand Floridian. They offer a unique menu each evening. Charming and elegant, offering a renowned 6-course prix fixe menu. Plan on spending a few hours.
- NYPD Pizza - The best pie in town!
- Chatham's Place - Fine dining experience using locally sourced ingredients, farm-fresh from the Chef's own local farm. A long time local favorite
- Zeta Asia - Features Zeta Bar, a great hotspot. Sophisticated setting and traditional Japanese fare.
How About Renting a Luxury Villas In Orlando?
Want to really amp up this special trip? Accommodations of all styles and prices are easy to come by in Orlando, but here's a real insider's tip. Why not book a luxury rental villa in Orlando? Talk about adult fun in Orlando!
You will stay in style at one of these private luxury vacation rentals. These homes are as large as 10 bedrooms and are located in luxury vacation resorts such as Solara. That means you'll enjoy the privacy, luxury, and convenience of a private mansion and all the amenities of a 5-star resort.
Your villa is appointed with high-end decor and amenities such as arcades, a private theater with comfy reclining chairs, a fully appointed chef's kitchen, themed bedrooms, and a private pool and spa just outside your door. A private rental villa is your best best for adult fun in Orlando.
Enjoy the resort's amenities, including a state-of-the-art clubhouse, Flowrider Surfing Simulator, heated Grand Pool, basketball, volleyball, splash park with water slides, and much more.
And all of this surprisingly affordable luxury is located minutes from Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Walt Disney World,1693, and Orlando's many attractions and restaurants.
Universal Orlando Resort is clearly considered one of the top two theme parks in the world.
When we think of Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, the iconic Magic Kingdom comes to mind. It offers all of the enchantment and magic that Disney has come to stand for.