Guide for Finding the Best Places To Stay in Orlando
Are you ready to start planning your trip to Orlando? Congratulations! The fun begins now. Finding the best places to stay in Orlando is a big decision, but it doesn't have to be overwhelming. We've got all you need to know to find the perfect accommodation and location for your family. Whether you want to save on your "stay" and keep your budget for the "play." or want to live it up like royalty or do something in between, we've got you covered.
Orlando offers hundreds of hotels and resorts ranging from budget-friendly motels to the most luxurious and exclusive resorts, luxury vacation villas, and some less traditional accommodations like campgrounds. There are over 10,000 options for lodging in the Orlando area. Stay onsite at one of the theme parks for non-stop magic, or venture out of town for some privacy and downtime. And we'll share a pro tip with you: how you and your family can have the stay of a lifetime with a private pool, cool themed kids' rooms, your own game room, and much more. Stay tuned.
Things to consider when picking the best places to stay in Orlando
What are your vacation priorities?
Start your vacation planning with a family or group discussion of what your top vacation priorities are. This will ensure you spend your time enjoying yourself and not in the car and help you avoid excess travel expenses getting to where you want to go.
- Are you a young family traveling with children who can't get enough of Mickey and the magic? What are your must-see attractions and theme parks?
- Does your budget allow for one or two days in the theme parks and alternate activities for the rest of your stay?
- Are you a couple looking for romance and some fun nightlife?
- Girls weekend away ready to "shop 'til you drop" by day and party by night?
- Do you love relaxing at your resort and enjoying the amenities before or after heading out for the day?
- Do you prefer to be off the beaten path and enjoying nature and the amazing Florida outdoors?
- Are you dreaming of waking up to a soak in the pool or of hitting the links for your entire stay?
It's important to think through these things to make sure you choose the best place to stay for your group or family. This will maximize your vacation time and your vacation dollars.
How long is your stay?
Before deciding on accommodations, it's important to consider your length of stay. If you're traveling with kids for more than a couple of days, it may be better to rent a condo or villa where you'll have laundry facilities and a kitchen for quick snacks or even a meal when the kids are tired and cranky.
For larger groups and stays of more than 5 days, you may want a rental home to take advantage of the room to spread out, laundry, and group meals.
If your group is older and wants to take advantage of some of Orlando's surrounding charms, you might consider staying in Winter Park and away from the buzz of the parks.
If it is a quick trip, maybe your budget can be stretched a bit for the ultimate luxury of a resort or vacation villa with all the amenities you could want.
How many people are in your family or group?
If your group is larger than 3 or 4 in a nuclear family, hotel rooms can get tricky and expensive. Average hotels are not known for being spacious and, privacy can be very limited. Booking connecting rooms can be difficult and, some resorts will not confirm them. And who wants the kids on a separate floor? Luxury rental homes get very attractive and extremely affordable when you split the nightly rate with several people. And the extra perks like making coffee or cocktails at home and in resort amenities can be big savings and lots of fun.
The big one - what's your budget?
The largest factor to consider is your budget. If money is no object, it will be pretty easy to meet every item on your want list. But you will still want a well planned itinerary and vacation and will want to be near the things that matter most to you and your party.
On the other hand, if you are on a budget, planning becomes even more important. You'll want to maximize every vacation moment and every vacation dollar spent. Only you can weigh out your priorities and where you can splurge versus where you are willing to compromise.
Some of the top areas and neighborhood to stay in Orlando
Lake Beuna Vista
If you're coming to Orlando for the magic, Lake Beuna Vista may be for you as long as it meets your other needs. Lake Buena Vista sprawls 50 square miles and is home to the vast Walt Disney World complex. There are numerous Disney Parks located in LBV, so you are likely to be spending plenty of time here. It also offers great gold and some excellent outlet shopping, so you can check off lots of boxes.
You can choose to stay at one of the Disney onsite resorts. This brings lots of Disney perks like preferred park access, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and free transportation but can be a pricey option. There are 25 Disney hotels to choose from, ranging from value, moderate, deluxe, and deluxe villa resorts.
You'll also find plenty of non-Disney hotels in Lake Beuna Vista, like Hilton, Wyndham, and Best Western, so there are plenty of options. Don't overlook the other fine resorts and private luxury vacation homes that may offer more space, more amenities, and more value but are located outside of LBV. We'll talk about some of them below.
South West Orlando - Universal Area
If a visit or two to Universal Studios Orlando is at the top of your list, consider South West Orlando. This region is the mecca of theme parks. You could spend your entire vacation without leaving this area! Universal Studios is one of the most popular parks in the area, but there are lots more attractions like go-karts, Epcot, Escape rooms, and more. And because this area is right of I-4, it is convenient to many other attractions and many other resorts, hotels, and rental homes.
International Drive (or I-Drive as you'll soon be calling it) is often compared to the Vegas Strip. You'll find hundreds of hotels, restaurants, shops, and attractions. They stretch out for eleven full miles! You'll find SeaWorld, ICON Park, and lots of other attractions in this area. The bus runs from 8 am to 10:30 pm so you can manage this without renting a car. Lots of the hotels located here also offer free shuttles to the parks. This is a fantastic location for a well-priced hotel with lots of conveniences nearby.
Kissimmee is a small city located to the south of Orlando. There is plenty of easy transportation from Downtown Orlando and South West Orlando, where the big two- Disney and Universal are located. This is a fantastic option for the budget traveler. Pricing is more reasonable and, availability is generally better for last-minute bookings. Walt Disney World and tons of attractions are just a short drive away. While you're there, catch some outdoor space at Lake Tohopekaliga for a picnic on the lake.
For a different Orlando vacation, consider Winter Park. This lovely city located just north of Orlando is filled with arts and culture and is a great walking town, You'll check out some world-class museums, funky art galleries, and there is nature to spare. They have more than 70 parks and most all sorts of festivals throughout the year. They are still just minutes from the top Orlando attractions.
One of the Best Places to Stay in Orlando
For the vacation of a lifetime, consider a stay in a private rental luxury villa. Our favorite is Solteraa Resort. Why settle for a room when you can have an entire luxury home and all the amenities of a five-star resort.
Located just minutes from the top theme parks of Orlando and shopping, dining, and other attractions, Solterra Resort offers spacious and beautifully appointed private homes located waiting this exclusive gated community.
Our candidates for the best places to stay in Orlando are clearly one of these luxury rental villas. Whether you are traveling with the family, extended family, or friends, they have the perfect home for you. The homes range from 6 bedrooms to 14 bedrooms, with luxury amenities and furnishings, including a full kitchen, plenty of living space, bathrooms, and more. Check out the character-themed bedrooms for the kids and the game room and private theater. And just outside the door is your private pool.
For groups traveling for that special occasion, a luxury villa is a perfect choice. The resort amenities are enough to keep you from wanting to leave for the parks. They include a resort pool with a water slide, a children's playground, a lazy river, and lots more.
The best part is that all this luxury can be surprisingly affordable. When split with a couple of families or a few friends, the nightly rate is often less than the cost of several hotel rooms. Add to that the savings of coffee, cocktails, snacks, and even a meal at home, and all of the resort fun included at Solterra Resort, and you have a fantastic luxury experience at an excellent price.
Privacy, luxury, convenience, and fun can all be yours at Solterra Resort.
- Orlando places to stay - There's a whole world out there; find a place to stay that you'll never forget! (booking.com)
- The Best Places to Stay in Orlando, Florida for Your Disney Vacation - Planning your family vacation to Orlando can be a lot of work. We have broken down all of the best places for you and your loved ones to stay! (upgradedpoints.com)
- 3684 hotels in Orlando, United States. - Great savings on hotels in Orlando, United States online. Good availability and great rates. Read hotel reviews and choose the best hotel deal for your stay. (booking.com)
- Where to Stay in Orlando – Neighborhoods & Area Guide - The Crazy Tourist - Orlando is a city that features high on the bucket list of young travelers and Disney obsessed children. Home to one of the highest concentrations of amusement parks in the ... Read moreWhere to Stay in Orlando – Neighborhoods & Area Guide (thecrazytourist.com)
- MUST READ: Where to Stay in Orlando (2021 Guide) - Planning your Orlando vacation? Not sure where to stay in Orlando? This guide breaks down the best areas in Orlando FOR ALL BUDGETS! (thebrokebackpacker.com)
- Where to Stay in Orlando: Best Areas & Hotels (planetware.com)
- 15 Best Hotels in Orlando, Florida - The Italian Riviera, the African savanna, Polynesia: whatever your vacation fantasy, Orlando has a hotel for you. (cntraveler.com)
- Where to Stay in Orlando - For anyone going to Orlando for the first time choosing where to stay can be difficult. I teamed up with American Sky to find out where to stay in Orlando (thetravelexpert.ie)
- Top 10 Off-Site Hotels Near Disney World - Disney Tourist Blog - Thinking about doing a non-Disney hotel during your Walt Disney World vacation? Whether off-site or on-site, there are a lot of options that offer excellent accommodations and better value for money than many Disney hotels. In this post, we take a look at the best non-Disney hotels around Walt Disne... (disneytouristblog.com)
- Find the perfect place to stay in Orlando during your next visit. Whether you are looking for a hotel, resort, vacation rental or campground, Visit Orlando can help. - Find the perfect place to stay in Orlando during your next visit. Whether you are looking for a hotel, resort, vacation rental or campground, Visit Orlando can help. (visitorlando.com)
- Best Places to Stay in Orlando - Search for a Resort! - Find resorts close to Orlando's top attractions & with all the comforts from home. See the Best Places to Stay in Orlando & plan your vacation today! (westgatereservations.com)
- THE 10 BEST Hotels in Orlando, FL for 2021 (from $52) - Tripadvisor - The #1 Best Value of 418 places to stay in Orlando. Free Wifi. Special offer. Hotel website. The Grove Resort & Water Park Orlando. Show Prices. #2 Best Value of 418 places to stay in Orlando. Pool. Restaurant. Special offer. Hotel website. Walt Disney World Dolphin. Show Prices. 170,064 reviews. #3... (tripadvisor.com)
- THE 10 BEST Hotels in Orlando for 2021 (from C$66) - Tripadvisor - Book the Best Orlando Hotels on Tripadvisor: Find 170,062 traveller reviews, 79,576 candid photos, and prices for hotels in Orlando, Florida, United States. (tripadvisor.ca)
- $29 Hotels in Orlando: BEST Hotel Deals for 2021 - Looking for Exclusive Deals on Orlando Hotels? Book with confidence at Orbitz! With options to book now and pay when you stay, you have peace of mind. (orbitz.com)
- Places to Stay - Kissimmee offers the best selection of accommodations, including the best places to stay in Disney with over 50,000 local options to suit every budget. (experiencekissimmee.com)
- Orlando Area Hotels & Resorts - Compare hotels at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando. See a side-by-side price comparison plus information about amenities, dining and more. (disneyworld.disney.go.com)
- Bot or Not? (expedia.com)
- Universal Orlando - Universal Orlando Resort (universalorlando.com)
- 25 Best Hotels in Orlando-Walt Disney World - Best Hotels in Orlando-Walt Disney World · Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort · Waldorf Astoria Orlando · The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande ... (travel.usnews.com)
- Top Hotels in Orlando, Florida - Cancel FREE on most hotels ... - Where are the best places to stay in Orlando? · Hyatt House across from Universal Orlando Resort · Wyndham Garden Orlando Universal / I Drive · The Delaney ... (hotels.com)
Don’t be fooled by the many family experiences Orlando is known for. When it comes to romance, there is plenty to go around.
Vacationing at Walt Disney World in Orlando can be overwhelming and a little bit intimidating, even for the return visitor. There are so many attractions and thousands of things to see and do.